These days, almost everything can be done on the go. There’s no doubt that apps have made our lives easier and our business more efficient.
We took a look at some of the top mobile apps that are currently being used in the fleet industry. Maybe you can find a new great time saver for your business.
We split the apps into driver apps vs business or operator apps:
Being on the road can be taxing, and any app that can help make it easier for our drivers should be shared. Here are a few that we found that are frequently used by other truck drivers:
- AllStays Truck & Travel – This is the longest-running updated app for truck drivers gathering all the data you need so you can relax. Truckstop information is listed by available features, permanent weight stations, CAT scales, truck-friendly motels, shops, resources for each state on highway conditions, emergency phone numbers, access rules, restricted and hazmat routes, idling laws, rest area parking, laws for work zones, cellphones, texting, checkpoints, helmets, gun carrying, and much more.
- Dock411 – Host all the details you could possibly want to know about your stop. Want to know if you can use the bathroom? What’s the wait time? Do they have a driver’s lounge and are dogs allowed? Need somewhere to rest for the night? Maybe they have overnight parking. Details like these are important when you’re heading somewhere new. Learn what other drivers have to say about a drop-off.
- iExit Trucks – This app will let you know which exits are truck friendly and what you will find available categorized by the exit, including truck stops with diesel prices, weigh scales, dealer locations, repair service centers, truck parking, rest areas, weigh stations, Walmarts, and more.
- Trucker Path – An all-in-one app, you will get vital information you need on the road. From truck stops and amenities, real-time available parking, open weigh stations, fuel prices, truck wash, and navigation.
- Fuelbook – Fuel cost is always an issue in the fleet industry. This app will search for the lowest diesel prices and offer other great discounts at local truckstops.
For Operators And Managers
When you first start looking for a new software partner, it’s important to find a few good options. Some great places to start: look at companies you already know and have heard of, look at what your competitors are using, and of course do a search for top fleet maintenance systems. You will find many great articles comparing different systems. Make sure to check out the user reviews. There are always going to be good and bad reviews, but make sure that the bad reviews are possibly isolated incidents or issues that you feel you can live with. Do your research and come up with a list of 8-10 solid options.
- FleetSafer Mobile – We all want to keep our drivers safe on the roads. This app removes the distraction of mobile phones while driving. FleetSafer® automatically detects driving status and enforces compliance with corporate safe driving policies and puts the device in “Safe Mode” while driving. In Safe Mode, a curtain screen blocks access to the keyboard and screen. All notifications and alerts are suppressed – including incoming calls, texts, and emails.
- Drivewyze – The only bypass service integrated into mobile and telematics devices from trusted technology leaders. Does not require a transponder and is frequently updated with new data. It will run in the background and automatically alert the driver two miles from a weigh station.
- BigRoad – One of the top electronic logging devices and electronic logbooks for owner-operators, drivers, and fleets. Track your hours-of-service and create ELD mandate compliant logs with their DashLink ELD. Compliant with current FMCSA and DOT rules and regulations.
These are of course just examples. There are thousands of more apps that can be helpful in their own individual ways. As you go about your day, think about what you would like to have the ability to do while you’re running around away from your desk, then search, and we’re sure you can find an app that will solve your problem.
And, of course, if you’re looking for fleet maintenance management software that can be used in your small repair shop, we have just the one for you. FleetSquared is designed specifically for small fleet repair shops to handle things such as parts ordering and invoicing. Check out our features today alongside the features of our large repair shop software, EMDECS.